"Handmade Artisan Jewelry For Every Woman's Taste"

Friday, October 10, 2008

Our Family


I thought I would update my blog by telling you all a little bit about myself and my family.
I have been married to my wonderful husband Ken for twenty years and we have eight wonderful fur babies that we love to pieces.

My breeds of choice for dogs has always been Huskies and Malamutes. In years past I have owned a purebred Malamute, a purebred Husky and now have a half Husky half Malamute.
This is Kaisha, she is now 4 years old.








She is such a silly girl!



Next is my lovely Sasha. We rescued her from an owner who beat her all the time. This beautiful, shy girl is still somewhat afraid of men. People who abuse animals disgust me and I think that punishments should be harsh.



Isn't she a cutie :)















Our third dog is a beautiful, big ole Redbone Coonhound whose name is Rebel.
Our Accountants son who is a pilot could no longer keep him so she had been taking care of him, well, she knew how we loved dogs and asked us if we would like to give Rebel a home. How could we turn this boy down? OK, so he is a bit over weight, the neighbors love him too :)








What a Ham I am :)












Now onto the cats. We are down to five now.

Here is my beautiful, long haired "Red".
Red was the office cat at our Vets office. I would always mooch on this cat and him me.
One day I went to the Vets office and they asked if I would like to take Red home, he had been trying to get out the door all the time lately and the office was on a very busy road.
I quickly said yes to providing Red with a new home. Recently he went missing for a day and a half and my heart was just broken, thank goodness I found him at a neighbors!





















Red loved to spend time with J.B (Just Bunny)
When he was in his outdoor hutch











Next cat is my Taz. What a great cat he is, such a little lover boy.
We got Taz and his sister Patches when someone was going to "Do Away" with a batch of kittens they had. How dare they! I am so glad that we saved them. Taz is one of the best cats we've ever had.



Next we have Taz' sister, Patches. She is a bit of a shy girl around people but boy does she raise heck with the dogs. She chases Kaisha all the time, it is so funny!
I don't have a great photo of Patches at the moment but will get one and update this post soon :)

This photo is of Jessie. He is a feisty, black cat. He doesn't take any crap from anyone or anything, LOL




This is Andy. Andy is Jessie's brother. This is one mischievous cat folks! If there is trouble to get into, he will do it. He is also such a smooch. He sleeps on us with his paws around our neck. First cat we have had that insists on giving us hugs all the time :)
Guess he wanted to go with Ken the last time he left out of state for work, LOL




K.C is now living with my sister, I had to give her up when we recently moved :(
They all love her though and she has a good home. She is another feisty little cat and a heck of a mouser.





This is such a cute photo of Taz and K.C.














This photo is one of my baby boy, Felix, who crossed over the Rainbow Bridge a year ago this past August. He died from Kidney failure from that pet food recall :(
He was such a sweet little boy and I will always love and miss him. He is the black and white kitty, Taz and him were best buddies.



Buddies, Taz and Felix




















Bandit has also crossed over the Rainbow Bridge. He was a stray cat that adopted us. He was such a cool cat and just LOVED people. I miss him as well.






Bandit on Ken's Harley















Bandit wearing HIS Harley hat :)














Well, that is a bit about my little family, hope you enjoyed the story :)

4 comments:

Cindy Joy said...

What adorable pets! Thanks for sharing.

Amanda said...

Love your big fluffy family!!! I so enjoyed reading about each adorable fur-ball. Thanks for sharing some bits about you and your family. I just love Kaisha!!! My high school mascot was a Husky. They're so pretty, and majestic!!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the story of your pets....beautiful furbabies...lol..glad it is you and not me!! One cat is enough...she can give me nightmares!!!

BeadedTail said...

I love meeting all your furbabies! I also love the stories of how they came to be a part of your family. What an adorable bunch and I can tell you have a huge heart and are as big of an animal lover as I am!

You should be able to add a horse now that you are in WY! :)